FanPost

Where Will Yan Gomes Go This Year?

Yan Gomes is having a good Spring. We've seen this kind of thing before, of course. I don't have to name anyone... But I think Gomes is perhaps more interesting than we give him credit for. He's only 24. He's shot through the minors pretty quickly, and hasn't had difficulty adjusting to the levels, remaining relatively consistent.

Offensively, his numbers were very similar to Sierra's and McDade's. His line was 250/317/464. His weakness is definitely the strikeout. He struck out every3.6 AB last year. If the Jays helped him with that aspect of his game this Spring, he could improve his overall numbers this year. He has some power. He hit a homer every 23 AB. D'Arnaud hit one every 22 AB.

He finished the year in AAA last year, but with Cooper, McDade, D'Arnaud and Jeroloman in AAA, there isn't a ton of room for him.

I've seen a few commenters say his defense is bad, but I've never read it elsewhere,so I don't know what to make of it.