Blue Notes for Saturday March 24th 2012

March 16, 2012; Dunedin, FL, USA; Toronto Blue Jays catcher J.P. Arencibia (9) against the Tampa Bay Rays during a spring training game at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE

Afternoon links! Grab a drink instead of a coffee and read on!

The Blue Jay Hunter: Violating the Five Year Policy for Votto
Ian from BJH gives his thoughts of the possibly soon to be FA Canadian.

Brunt Enters the Lair of the Beest | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
Stoeten over at the Drunk Jays Fans with his recap of Stephen Brunt's interview with Paul Beeston

The Tao of Stieb: 30 Jays in 30 Days - How Do You Solve a Riddle Like Rasmus?
30 in 30 Continues with Rasmus

Davidi: Target practice vital for Jays' catchers - sportsnet.ca
In the Toronto Blue Jays organization, pitchers aren't the only people on the diamond held accountable when balls are left up in the zone.

Beneath Brett Lawrie’s gung-ho style, a savvy player - The Globe and Mail
Blue Jays infielder goes full-tilt full-time, but he’s also ‘a very smart baseball guy’. So says Blair at least

Expanded playoffs will make for wild year - The Globe and Mail
Globe with a preview on the year

Jays notes: Lawrie ready for action | Baseball | Sports | Toronto Sun
Notes for the team including Santos, Lawrie and Morrow

Oliver a real Hall-buster | Baseball | Sports | Toronto Sun
Fun look at Darren Oliver and the hall of famers he has faced in his career.

Great 'even better' for Jays trio | Baseball | Sports | Toronto Sun
Lind, Rasmus and Johnson need bounceback if the Jays are to contend... hey.... this sounds similar to something I heard last year... A similar story appeared in the latest Sportsnet Magazine

Casey's swing-and-miss still hit and miss | Baseball | Sports | Toronto Sun
Casey is working on a splitter. Apparently not quite there yet.

Griffin: Blue Jays’ emerging rotation key to contending - thestar.com
While the rotation may not look like it matches up to start the year for the Jays. There is major opportunity for growth according to ol' Griff

MLB spring training statistics not all that serious | Sports | National Post
Every year, writers grumpily remind fans to curb their enthusiasm for spring statistics. Every year, writers ignore their own advice. John Lott reminds us maybe Spring isn't the most reliable indicator of future success.