Quick Recap of Blue Jays Spring Game #1

Mar 3, 2012; Dunedin, FL, USA; Toronto Blue Jays third baseman Brett Lawrie (13) throws out Pittsburgh Pirates catcher Jake Fox (not pictured) on a double play during the second inning at Florida Auto Exchange Park. Click on the picture to see more photos o of the game (Credit: Jerome Miron-US PRESSWIRE)

Pirates 1 Blue Jays 7

Nice game for both our hitters and pitchers. Of note:

Nine Jay pitchers threw an inning each. Perfect innings for Brett Cecil (well, perfect minus a Brett Lawrie error) , Jim Hoey, Scott Richmond and Jerry Gil. Kyle Drabek and Luis Perez each gave up just a walk. Ryan Tepera allowed a walk and hit a batter. Joel Carreno gave up a hit. Danny Farquhar gave up 2 hits, hit a batter and the only run the Pirates would get.

On defense, Lawrie and Escobar each made an error, but then the infield at Dunedin isn't exactly perfect. Our infield also turned a couple of double plays.

I am so happy to have baseball back, even if it is a fake game.