Friday Bantering: Blue Jay Links

This was a few days ago, but I love the lady signaling touch down in the background. The runner was out. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE

I didn't want to do a links post this morning but, after looking around a bit, there seemed to be so much really good stuff out there:

Richard Griffin has an interview with Alex Anthopoulos. I love Alex, but he has this great ability to talk without really telling you much, but there are a few little bits of information that sneak through the cracks. On Brett Lawrie being untradeable:

I guess I don't look at it that way from a roster standpoint. I always say that you're open-minded to any player off the team. It's not that certain players are judged by how important they are to your club, so you value them and make them almost untradeable. I just don't believe there are any untradeable players, because what if somebody's going to knock your door down? That rarely if ever happens, because that probably means it's a win-trade for you and you're never going to get that deal. But there are players - we don't have any players on this team with a no-trade clause - but there's a lot of players that have been here for a while and are probably going to be here for a long time because of their importance and their value to us. We always talk about timing and where the timing is with this club. It makes it harder to trade them. It makes them virtually untradeable, but on a one-in-one-million chance you get a knock-'em-out deal, you have to consider it.

The Star (by that famous writer "Sports Reporter") also has a story comparing Ricky Romero and Brandon Morrow:

"They took different paths," said Jays pitching coach Bruce Walton.

"Ricky came into the organization as a starter. He was a starter all the way through the minors. he took to the routine of pitching every five days and the things you have to do in between to be a starting pitcher.

"So he was set on what he needed to do when he got to the big leagues, getting his pitch counts up, the mindset, etc. Whereas Brandon never really had a good plan on which direction they (Mariners) were going with him, and it may have hindered his progress at bit."

John Lott talks about Henderson Alvarez and a disagreement he and Bruce Walton have about what he throws:

"Cutter, cutter," Henderson Alvarez replied in English, without waiting for his Spanish translator to pass on the question.

"Slider," pitching coach Bruce Walton said a few moments later. "Hard slider."

Arden Zwelling, at Sportsnet, gives us a fuller picture of the troubles that Colby Ramus is working through. I really believe you could write the same story about Travis Snider and just change the names around a bit.

In the Toronto Sun, Mike Tutsey talks profiles Eric Thames, in one sentence paragraphs.

If you've always wanted to watch a two minute video comparing baseball and the the Catholic Church, the Newman Centre Catholic Chaplaincy has you covered. And no, if you clicked on it, you can come to me asking for those two minutes of your life back.

I'm sure there is other great stuff out there, if you come across something we all should see, link to it in the comments.