FanShot

Blue Jays Acquire RP Ryota Igarashi from Pittsburgh for PTBNL/Cash Considerations

In case you don't know anything about Igarashi, I've provided y'all with this. "Igarashi is known one of the hardest throwers in Japan, and jointly holds the record for fastest pitch* by a Japanese pitcher in an NPB game with a 158 kmph (98.75mph) fastball. Igarashi hit 158 kmph in 2004, when the average speed of his pitches over the course of the season was 154.5 kmph (96.6mph), which is an NPB record he has to himself. Although he doesn’t throw quite as hard as he used to, but still runs his heater into the upper 90's, and augments it with a hard splitter that he throws at around 90mph. He’s also got a slider and a curve that he’ll mix in occasionally, but is primarily a fastball/splitter pitcher."