Blue notes - Sunday March 4th 2012

Mar 3, 2012; Dunedin, FL, USA; Toronto Blue Jays third baseman Brett Lawrie (13) during the game against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Florida Auto Exchange Park. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-US PRESSWIRE

Not much new out there for Sunday, lots of recaps of the first spring game if you are so inclined. Which is the perfect opportunity to take a listen to the BBB Podcast that was posted very late Friday night. Scroll down or click here, take a listen, leave a comment.

Jays' Johnson will bat in No. 2 hole | Baseball | Sports | Toronto Sun

Fidlin with some notes from Spring training, Johnson batting second, Villanueva looking good and rest for the young arms

Griffin: Jays’ rookie David Cooper caught in numbers game - thestar.com

Cooper is stuck in AAAA mode, not good enough for the majors to get past Lind or EE but seemingly too good for Vegas. We need another minor league.

Blue Jays want Kelly Johnson to focus on getting on base | Sports | National Post

The Toronto Blue Jays would prefer that Johnson focus more on getting on base than hitting the ball out of the park. He seems to agree, which is why he is penciled in as their No. 2 hitter, manager John Farrell says. (Scary scary Kelly Johnson picture inside)

The Tao of Stieb: 30 Jays in 30 Days – Off-Field Edition: Bruce Walton

Tao continues their 30 in 30 series, this time going off-field looking at Bruce Walton

Annnnnnnd the recaps!

FAN590 - Blogs - Miked Up " Opening With A Bang

Lawrie shines in Jays win | Baseball | Toronto Sun - Ken Fidlin

Griffin: Toronto Blue Jays beat Pittsburgh Pirates in spring opener as roster battles take shape - thestar.com

Toronto Blue Jays' Brett Lawrie sparks 7-1 win in exhibition opener | National Post - John Lott

Jays romp past Pirates in spring training opener - The Globe and Mail