Jesse Litsch Out 6 Weeks

From various twitter feeds we find out that Jesse Litsch had emergency surgery to clean out an infection in his shoulder caused by an injection to help with the inflammation he was having in that shoulder. He'll be in hospital for a couple of days.

It sounds like it will be longer than 6 weeks because they are saying he won't be able to throw for 6 weeks so it will be longer before he is able to pitch in the majors. Since we are just at the start of spring training he'd have to start over in April, likely be late April before he can start a rehab assignment.

Really not good news for Jesse. What a freak injury.