Quick Recap: Spring Game #3, Jays Lose to Tigers

No pictures yet from today's game, so here is Gose scoring yesterday. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-US PRESSWIRE

Blue Jays 2 Tigers 4

First loss of the spring, so now we can say that spring games mean nothing. And we only scored 2, so the pitchers are ahead of the batters.

We did have 10 hits on the day but didn't string them together.

Pitchers:

  • Henderson Alvarez pitched a nice first inning, 1 walk, 2 ground outs, 1 line out to short.
  • Andrew Carpenter: 2 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 1 earned, 1 k.
  • Evan Crawford: 1 inning, 2 k.
  • Jason Frasor: 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 walk, 1 k....45 minutes (exaggerating slightly).
  • Jim Hoey: 1 inning, 2 hits, 1 walk.
  • Jerry Gil: 1 inning, 2 hits, 2 earned, 1 walk, 2 k.
  • Nelson Figueroa: 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 earned, 2 walks.

Tomorrow the Jays are back in Dunedin to host the Phillies.