Blue Notes: Links

DUNEDIN, FL - MARCH 6: Catcher J.P. Arencibia #9 from yesterday. (Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images)

I wasn't paying proper attention yesterday and didn't notice that the Jays have two games going today. They play the Red Sox in Dunedin and have a split squad heading to McKechnie Field (a very nice place to watch baseball) to play the Pirates. So we will put up a game thread to talk about the games, though I won't be around for most of it.

Some links:

Tao continues his 30 Jays in 30 Days with a look at Yunel Escobar

The Drunks are moving to the Score.com.

Royals Review asks if the Royals are better than the Jays. I can answer that for them, they aren't.

Richard Griffin talks about Jose Bautista's fielding. Here is my favorite part:

Using Range Factor, one of the highly regarded new-age stats as the ranking tool of choice, the Jays were actually listed at 26th overall, better - or is that less bad - than the manager thought.

Really? Range Factor? ok.

At the Jays official site Gregor talks about Brett Lawrie's transition to third base.

It's sometimes easy to forget that during last year's Spring Training, there were plenty of doubts about whether Brett Lawrie would be able to handle the transition to third base.

Ken Fidlin tells us about the changes Ricky Romero is making this spring.

Manager John Farrell thinks Romero could solve his difficulties against lefty hitters by improving his curveball to broaden the strike zone for those hitters.

Jared Macdonald, at The Good Point, talks to new Jay backup catcher Jeff Mathis.

At SB Baseball Nation, Rob Neyer looks into the future and sees more changes coming for the MLB.

Share your favorite links in the comments.

In This Article

Teams
Players