Quick Recap of March 7 Games. Jays Beat Pirates, Tie Red Sox

March 7, 2011; Dunedin, FL, USA; Toronto Blue Jays first baseman Edwin Encarnacion (10) hits a three run single during the bottom of the third inning of a spring training game against the Boston Red Sox at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE

Blue Jays 8 Pirates 6

We've beat the Pirates 3 times this spring, maybe we could get them moved to the AL East. We had 15 hits.

  • Escobar: 1 for 3, RBI
  • Valbuena: 2 for 2, RBI, double, home run
  • Snider: 1 for 4, home run, 2 RBI. He also threw out a base runner at the plate. I think that is his 3rd assist of the spring.
  • d'Arnaud: 1 for 3, double
  • Jimenez: 1 for 2
  • Lind: 1 for 3, RBI, double
  • Gomes: 1 for 2, home run, RBI
  • Cooper: 1 for 3, walk
  • Davis: 1 for 3, stolen base
  • Marisnick: 1 for2
  • Sierra: 1 for 4, walk
  • McCoy 1 for 3, double, caught stealing 3rd
  • Diaz: 1 for 2, 2 RBI, double
  • Bocock: 1 for 3, triple

The pitchers:

  • Drabek: 2 innings, 4 hits, 1 walk, 3 earned, 2 k, home run. His first inning went well, the second not so much.
  • Hutchison: 2 innings, 2 hits, 1 earned, 1 k, home run.
  • McGuire: 2 innings, 3 hits, 1 k. Good outing for Deck. He got the win.
  • Tepera: 2 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 2 earned, home run.
  • Coello: 1 inning, 2 hits, 1 k, save.

Let's do the game against the Red Sox after the jump.

Red Sox 3 Blue Jays 3

A tie. Bud Selig will have to come up with something dumb to make the games 'mean something'.

  • Vizquel: 1 for 2
  • Hechavarria: 1 for 2, double
  • Johnson: 0 for 2, walk
  • Bautista: 0 for 1, walk, hit by pitch
  • Encarnacion: 1 for 2, 2 RBI
  • McDade: 0 for 2, 2 k
  • Rasmus: 0 for 3
  • Lawrie: 1 for 3
  • Thames: 0 for 3
  • Francisco: 1 for 3.
  • Mathis: 1 for 2

The pitchers:

  • Morrow: 2 innings, 1 hit, 1 k. Apparently throwing a curve and a change up a number of times. 2 ground outs, 2 fly outs.
  • Oliver: 1 inning, 3 hits, 1 earned, 1 k
  • Cordero: 1 inning, 2 hits, 2 runs, both unearned, 1 k.
  • Santos: 1 inning, 1 walk, 3 ground outs.
  • Everts: 1 inning
  • Carreno: 2 innings, 1 hit, 1 k
  • Gil: 1 inning, 1 walk.