Quick Recap: Jays Beat Yankees

Changed the picture, because a) the other one called Brett Lawrie J.P. Arencibia and b) this is a great picture of Gose. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE

Yankees 1 Blue Jays 6

I always like beating the Yankees, even in Spring Training. Today, our pitchers and our batters were ahead. We got 5 run off Ivan Nova in 2.2 innings.

Our batters had a good day, getting 12 hits. I'm going to include the player's spring batting average, not that it means much yet:

Our pitchers had a pretty good day too.

  • Brett Cecil: 2 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 1 k, 4 ground outs, 1 fly out. Apparently he only hit 88 on the radar gun, but he seems to have the right attitude: "Cecil said he wasn't paying attention to radar gun and added he get can get MLB guys out at 85 mph if location is there."
  • Scott Richmond: 2 innings, 3 hits, 1 k.
  • Andrew Carpenter: 1 clean inning.
  • Jason Frasor: 1 inning, 1 walk.
  • Nelson Figueroa: 1 inning, 1 hit.
  • Jim Hoey: 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 k.
  • Chad Beck: 1 inning, 2 hits, 1 k, 1 earned.

Ok, we've beat the Yankees, let's bring on the season.