Quick Recap: Jays Beat Astros

No pictures from today's game yet, we'll put up when they come around. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE

Blue Jays 11 Astros 2

Fun game for the Jays batters and pitchers. We had 15 hits and only allowed 6. Homers for d'Arnaud and Hechavarria.

The pitchers:

  • Henderson Alvarez: 2 innings, 1 hits, 1 walk, 1 earned, 3 strikeouts. Nice outing for Henderson, though no ground outs. He did give up the run on a walk and a double.
  • Luis Perez: 2 innings, 1 hit, 4 strikeouts. With Litsch hurt, he's got a really good shot at a spot in the pen.
  • Rick VandenHurk: 2 innings, 2 hits, 1 earned, 1 k.
  • Evan Crawford: 1 inning, walk, k. Another good showing for Evan. Leadoff walk, strikeout, then got a line DP at the first baseman.
  • Jesse Chavez: 1 inning, 2 hits, k.
  • Robert Coelle: 1 inning, k.

The bats:

  • Rajai Davis: 2 for 3, and a stolen base. .500.
  • Anthony Gose: 2 for 3, double and a caught stealing. .400.
  • Eric Thames: 1 for 2, double, 2 walks, RBI. The double was a fly ball that the center fielder lost in the sun, but the 2 walks are nice to see. .286
  • Brett Lawrie: 1 for 1, walk, double, steal of third, 2 RBI. Also went from 1st to second on a fly ball, surprising the Astros. .500.
  • Edwin Encarnacion: 1 for 3, double, 2 RBI. ..308.
  • David Cooper: 2 for 3, double, 3 RBI. ..285.
  • Travis d'Arnaud: 1 for 3, home run, walk, 2 RBI. ..200.
  • Moises Sierra: 2 for 4, 2 k. .333.
  • Jon Diaz: 1 for 3, .333.
  • Adeiny Hechavarria: 2 for 4, home run, RBI. .364. Nice to see Adeiny hit one out.

That makes the Jays 5-2, with a tie, this spring.