FanPost

Blue Jays Farm Team Switches Deserts

It was announced late this evening that the Toronto Blue Jays will be moving their AAA farm club from Las Vegas, Nevada to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia effective immediately.

Head Coach Chad Mottola views this as a positive move for the aspiring major league baseball players, "In Vegas the boys have learned how to roll the dice and give things their best shot, but now they are ready to take the next step in their development, apply discipline and develop an approach at the plate and in life".

Top prospect, Travis Snider, is excited about raking under the moon. Adeiny Hechevarria, seen practicing in the new stadium, "The Sandpit", under the shadow of the palace of King Abdullah, admitted that he may need to wear a camelback in order to keep hydrated was enthusiastic about introducing another culture to the nuances of baseball. His slick-as-oil defending is sure to be a hit in this soccer-mad nation. Anthony Gose is eagerly anticipating the effect that training in sand dunes will have on his 60 yard dash timings. Newly appointed team captain, Yan Gomes, informed the media thhrough a fog of shisha smoke that he saw the red-eye flights between Riyadh and their opponents' parks in America as a chance for bonding and developing a team identity. He added that Travis d'Arnaud has accepted his role as back-up catcher to Gomes graciously and expects that the two of them will push each other to great success under the desert sun.

General Manager, Alex Anthopolous could not be reached for comment as he was being entertained by Saudi dignatories. Spokesman Michael McCoy, newly appointed 'traveling consultant' for the Riyadh Blue Camels said that AA had worked his magic yet again to insure that the AAA Jays received the best possible baseball education. He added that the major league Jays are sure to soon sheikh the label of also-rans, "We are doing all that we can to define baseball in the East".

April Fool's!