Poll Time: Henderson Alvarez vs. Yu Darvish

Henderson Alvarez Credit: Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE

Peter Gammons thwiped this last night:

This has nothing to do with tonight's start, but 5 years from now I'd bet Henderson Alvarez has more career wins than Darvish

Right now they are tied at 1.

I like Henderson a lot. He's going to have a pretty good career. But wins are a team thing, Henderson had 10 starts, last year, with a 3.53 ERA and just had the 1 win. Yesterday, he goes 6 innings, allowing just 1 run and he gets a no decision.

Yu Darvish, on the other hand, gives up 5 runs in 5.2 innings, and he gets a win. We all know that good pitchers 'pitch to the score' or at least that is the Jack Morris for the Hall of Fame argument. I think the Jays will be a good team but, right now, the Rangers are the better team. It will be easier, at least for a bit, to get wins pitching for the Rangers.

I figured, since are pretty biased towards the Jays, I'd see how many of you agree with Gammons.