Jose Bautista, Adam Lind and Brett Lawrie Homer: Jays Beat Rays

TORONTO, CANADA - APRIL 17: Yunel Escobar #5 of the Toronto Blue Jays makes the double play on Evan Longoria #3 of the Tampa Bay Rays during MLB action at the Rogers Centre April 17, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Isn't that a great picture.(Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

Rays 3 Blue Jays 7

How many times do you see a Gold Glover make 3 errors in a game or errors on back to back plays. Evan Longoria didn't have a good day, though I thought that 2 of the errors were pretty tough plays.

Ricky Romero wasn't great. 8 hits and 3 walks in 6 innings isn't a good showing. He was helped out by getting 3 double plays turned behind him and a terrific throw by Jose Bautista, catching Carlos Pena trying to make it to second on ball hit to the right field wall.

We did get 3 good innings of work out of our bullpen, a scoreless inning each for Jason Frasor, Francisco Cordero and Sergio Santos.

Our offense was helped out by the Longoria errors. The 2 consecutive errors in the 3rd inning were followed by a Adam Lind home run, costing Rays starter Jeff Niemann 3 unearned runs. Bautista hit a solo homer in the 1st and Brett Lawrie had his solo homer in the 8. Jose also had a sac fly, giving us one more run in the 6th. We should have had more. We loaded the bases, but J.P. Arencibia struck out. Lind drove in his 4th run of the game in the 7th with a single.

Jays of the Day are Lind (.209 WPA), Bautista (.141) and Frasor (.134). No Suckage Jay today, Kelly Johnson had the low score at -.056, off an 0 for 5.

Tomorrow we have game 2 of the series with the Rays, Brandon Morrow and David Price are the starters.