All That You're Doing Is Wrong: GameThread for Tampa Bay Rays at Toronto Blue Jays, 19 April 2012, 7:07 PM EDT

Well, that was a tough game last night. As Toots Hibbert famously said, sometimes the pressure drops on you. The trick is to bounce back and the Jays can still win a series against a division rival if they prevail tonight. Both teams send youngsters to the bump, with the Tampa Bay looking to Jeremy Hellickson and Toronto looking to wunderkind Henderson Alvarez.

Lineup widget still not working . . .

Tampa Bay

Jennings, CF
Zobrist, RF
C. Pena, 1B
Longoria, 3B
Scott, DH
Joyce, LF
Keppinger, 2B
J. Molina, C
S. Rodriguez, SS

Toronto

Escobar, SS
K. Johnson, 2B
Bautista, RF
Lind, 1B
Encarnacion, DH
Thames, LF
Lawrie, 3B
Rasmus, CF
Arencibia, C

Hellickson's first start was quite solid, though his peripherals were unspectacular (8 2/3 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 4 K, 4 BB). His second start was less so (5 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 1 K, 5 BB). Hellickson lived on hit-suppression last season (.233 BABIP) so the problematic peripherals are nothing new (2011 xFIP: 4.72) -- the mediocre results, on the other hand, he generally managed to avoid (2011 ERA: 2.95). He does have an excuse: he's faced two high-powered offences in New York and Boston. Whether you buy into pitcher hit-suppression or not, there's certainly one thing we can agree on: it will be nice to hand him his first loss off the season tonight. Go Jays Go!

Reminder a few ground rules for the gamethreads that are in effect.

1. Please no Gifs or images during the game threads. The threads go by quick and with a lot of people tend to slow down for people. We understand it isn't as bad for people already in the thread but anyone new coming in has a nightmare of a time loading mutliple images. - As a side note as the game end we will lift the ban and you can go as crazy as you like.

2. Don't argue with any of the moderators. Think of it like arguing balls and strikes, you can get tossed. If you have a problem with the rules feel free to e-mail Tom. Rules link.

3. No linking to any illegal streams