Blue notes for Saturday Apr 21st 2012

Apr 9, 2012; Toronto, ON, Canada; Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar (5) bats against the Boston Red Sox at the Rogers Centre. The Red Sox beat the Blue Jays 4-2. Mandatory Credit: Tom Szczerbowski-US PRESSWIRE

Links for the Jays and from around the league. Throw your own in the comments.

Blue Jays’ new and improved Edwin Encarnacion | Sports | National Post

Edwin is looking great to start the year.

Travis Snider off to hot start with Blue Jays’ Triple-A team in Las Vegas - thestar.com
Snider is hitting .431 with 18 RBIs, which ranks him second in both categories in the Pacific Coast League.

Griffin: Blue Jays’ off-season failure to land starting pitcher opens door for Hutchison - thestar.com
Griffin takes the opportunity to get a back handed compliment in on the Jays re: Hutchison.

Too early to evaluate Jays | Baseball | Sports | Toronto Sun
With a dozen games under the Blue Jays' collective belt entering play Friday, manager John Farrell is hardly about to make any sweeping judgments about his team's .500 start.

The Blue Jay Hunter: The Jose Bautista Staredown Rematch
The Blue Jay Hunter with a post and a couple of GIFs from last nights match up

Want: Baseball Glove Billfold | NotGraphs Baseball
This is awesome, a bit expensive, but I want one.

GIF: Fernando Rodney Plays Baseball for First Time | NotGraphs Baseball
Poor Rodney, ever have one of those days where nothing goes right?

Toronto Calls on Drew Hutchison | FanGraphs Baseball
A quick recap on Drew Hutchison from Marc Hulet over at Fangraphs