FanPost

Thoughts on John Farrell so far this season

Mr. John as our new golden child Colby has taken to calling him, looks to me, to be much more comfortable behind the bench this season. I was checking out some Jay news and noticed that he has given Edwin clean-up duties full-time, this was great news, thank you Mr. John.

Last season at times he seemed tentative to make moves that needed to be done, whether it was Patterson hitting second or rauch closing, there were days that i screamed at my t.v. in the vain hope that Mr. Farrell would hear me AND actually listen.

This year however he seems much more content with his managing, he has been mixing and matching our lineups for either righty or lefty, something we never saw last year. He is making all the right subs when they needed to be made that more than likely have already won us a game or two. i think his BP use up to now has been much better, he is already using Perez in higher leverage situations which i feel wouldnt have happened last year until around august. Sure he could use Casey a little more but thats what happens when u have 7-8 BP guys and your starters are all going past six.

Up to now t he only bad moves that stick out in my mind is two games in a row when he pinch hit for Thames with Davis against a righty, i didnt get that, but hey if his bad moves are given Davis a few extra ABs here and there, whatev.

All in all i give Farrell a B+ for his performance up to now( no formula, that just seems right) and am hoping to