Dustin McGowan out with Shoulder Inflammation

Dustin McGowan. (Photo by Brian Kersey/Getty Images)

This must be at the top of the list of headlines I didn't want to write. The Jays announced that Dustin McGowan has shoulder inflammation and will be shut down for 2 weeks. If he didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any luck at all. Apparently he's been to see Dr. He Who Should Not Be Named and 'there is no structural damage. But inflammation isn't a good thing for a guy that has been trying to 3 years to get back onto the Jays roster.

I'll admit I wasn't thrilled with giving him the two year contract before he had even thrown a regular season pitch, this year. It might not be much money, by MLB standards but it's money they didn't have to commit to yet. They could have waited until he showed everyone that he could pitch in a major league rotation again. I'll hope the best, that he can over come this and that we might see him at some point this season.

Poor Dustin. I guess we knew there would be setbacks for Dustin, this year, I hope this is the last of them.

As well, Brett Cecil will be out for at least three starts. He has a groin injury (insert Sam Malone clip here). Hope he'll be back pitching for the Fisher Cats quick.