Brett Cecil Optioned to New Hampshire

Brett Cecil managed to pitch himself out of the rotation yesterday. He has been optioned to the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. Joel Carreno was recalled, and I'd imagine he'd get a spot in the rotation. Also Aaron Laffey was sent to Las Vegas.

It must be tough on Brett but he does need some time to figure out how to get batters out with what he has.

Update

Shi Davidi twitted this:

Carreno to pitch Gane 3 in Cle, Drabek 5 at home vs Boston. Jays will go to four starters til April 21 after that

I guess that ends the hope that Cecil could have a good enough start to the season that could build up some trade value. I really have no idea what his future holds. Perhaps he'll find the missing velocity. John Farrell did suggest that he was losing speed somewhere in his delivery, maybe it can be fixed.