Quick Recap: Thames Homers, Jays Beat Tigers to Close Out Spring Schedule

Tigers 8 Blue Jays 13

Not a game to make you feel good about your pitching, for either team. The Jays scored 9 runs in 4.1 innings against Tigers starter Max Scherzer.

Henderson Alvarez didn't have a great finish to his spring. He gave up 8 hits, 3 earned, 1 walk, with no strike outs in 4 innings. 7 Ground outs to 3 fly outs. He also gave up a home run. I'm not going worry too much about, he finishes spring with a 3.00 ERA, so we should feel pretty good about Henderson.

Kyle Drabek pitched the last 5 innings of spring training. He gave up 5 hits, 5 runs, 3 earned, 3 walks, 2 k with a home run. Not great either, he finishes spring with a 3.72 ERA.

Our hitters had a good day, getting 15 hits. Nice to see most of the regulars got in on the hit parade:

So the Jays finished 24-7, pretty decent numbers, but let's pick it up for the season guys.