FanPost

BlueJays look too good to be true! Can it be?

I along with pretty much everyone else agree that spring training results do not mean much, however, upon review of the jays final spring numbers a few things really jumped out at me.

The BlueJays as we all know had a great spring record, they also happened to score 6 runs a game, pretty much tied with a couple teams as the most scored per. This really doesn't mean much but with the results of Jose, EE, Thames, Johnson,and of course Brett, you gotta be alittle exited.

Add that Lind has looked great, JPA is hittin balls as hard as always and things look extremely good on the offensive front. Escobar has proved he is more then solid, and Colby can relax hitting ninth while he figures things out.

Now on to the pitching, as a team we were tied with the Red birds for lowest e.r.a at 3.05, and had by far the lowest bb/9 rate at around 2.65 per( rough calculation), our whip was also the lowest at 1.16.

Again that doesn't mean much but you look at the results of our big league players, and they are pretty impressive. RR did not give up a run and has a whip of .36, Morrow had a .75 whip and a new attitude, Alvarez was 1.13, Drabek seems much improved with better command of the strike zone, and similar to Morrow but for different reasons a new attitude.

The Pen was aboslutely lights out with zeroes across the boards and only a few of the older guys given up runs early as they were getting warmed up. we have more then enough young kids to fill in adequately should a couple of them falter and overall we might just have a top 5 pen in the bigs.

Basically spring doesn't mean much but breaking down our individual performances, looking at the fact we basically doubled up our oppenents all spring long and things look amazing for the year ahead. I cannot wait for the start of the season and if we can stay relatively healthy it's on to the playoffs!!