FanShot

Minor League Game Threads 4/7 - ???

546

So based on the last couple days, it seems like there's a fair number of people following minor league games. Last night updates ended up in about 4 or 5 different threads, so in the interests of not hijacking other threads and making it easier to follow in one thread, I thought I'd create one thread to be used. To avoid cluttering up the FanShots every day, I think the same FanShot can and should be used for multiple days, until it gets too big. The best way to do it is probably to have people rec until it gets pinned, and then when a new thread is created unrec it so it falls off (or one of the admins can nuke it). In the interests of making this work, here are some suggestions I have to make this work better, at least in the interim before there's a better feel for how things develop: 1. Keep comments threaded for each game, under a main comment with the date, time, league, opponent and pitching matchup. Also, a general tab for more general observations, though generally Blue Jays related (there's a daily thread at minorleagueball.com that's pretty good if that's more your thing). 2. Let's avoid a lot of OT chatter. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but it'll make each thread go further, again, in the interests of not crowding out all the other FanShots. There's plenty of other threads in which to do that anyway. 3. In game updates are great, but let's focus on value added rather than "Syndergaard just struck out a batter!" or "Player X just singled". If you're listening/watching/following and something interesting/worth mentioning happens, by all means share - let's just avoid inane comments for the most part, again to maximize each thread. Also, feel free to share any thoughts you have about this and any ideas to improve. Go 51s/Fisher Cats/Dunedin Jays/Lugnuts!