SB Nation Launches Pick 6 Today

SB Nation's Pick 6 game launches today. I've been playing the game for the past couple of weeks as part of the beta test. I really like the game, I'm not a fan of fantasy baseball, I find it too time consuming and I spend enough time on baseball already (my wife would like to offer her opinion that I spend way way too much time on baseball already).

Pick 6 is a new game every day. It takes very little time to pick your six players, I don't think I ever spent more than 10 minutes making my picks any of the days I've play. Some days I did well, some days less so. When you are talking about the stats from one day's games, anything can happen.

The nice part too, at least for me, is I never pick players that the Jays are playing that night. For one game I can ignore the team that the Jays are playing, there are enough players to choose from that ignoring the guys from any one team isn't a hardship.

Anyway, give the game a try, there will be a leader board for our site up on the front page every day. Have fun with it.

Here is SB's blurb on the game:

Pick 6 is a daily pick'em game that pits you against other members of (insert blog name here) and the entire SB Nation network. Have you always wanted to prove your superior baseball knowledge on (insert blog name here)? Now's your chance.

Each day, users can choose six players to fill out their daily roster: a catcher, corner infielder, middle infielder, outfielder, starting pitcher, and relief pitcher.

The twist? Each user only has $120 of imaginary money to spend per day, and each player has a different cost. Player values are determined by their production and their popularity in Pick 6.

Successful users will strike a balance between expensive players and under-the-radar talent to take their lineup to the next level. Since this is a daily game there is no draft, no lengthy sign-up process - just you competing against fellow blog members for bragging rights.

It only takes a couple minutes to Pick your 6 - it's so easy to play! Go to the top left side of this blog and click on "Play Now" on the Pick 6 widget. Come back during and after games to see how you and your friends did.

For more information on how to play and how scores are calculated, please go to the Rules page.

Good luck and Play Ball! Play Pick 6 now.