Its Mothers day! - Jays @ Twins - May 13th 2012 - Gamethread

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - MAY 12: Rajai Davis #11, Colby Rasmus #28 and Jose Bautista #19 of the Toronto Blue Jays celebrate a win against the Minnesota Twins on May 12, 2012 at Target Field in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Blue Jays defeated the Twins 2-1. (Photo by Hannah Foslien/Getty Images)

Happy Mothers Day to everyone! Make sure you call your Mom!

The Jays managed to eek out the win yesterday against a pitcher that was basically a rookie. Today? They look to do the same thing although I would hope they could fair better against Scott Diamond.

The best thing about this series so far is that it seems to have helped Bautista get off the snide. Last year if you remember the Jays started the year against Minnesota (although it was in Toronto). Maybe we should petition MLB to ensure the Jays always face the Twins early in the year....

Romero has been his steady this year and he looks to continue the streak. With a win today it would take Ricky to 5-0 on the year and the Jays to a 3-1 Series win.

I will be running out today to have dinner with the family and inlaws so hopefully the Jays make it a quick one.

Go Jays Go!

2012 - Ricky Romero 4-0 8 7 0 0 0 0 48.0 34 20 19 5 21 36 3.56 1.15

2012 - Scott Diamond 1-0 1 1 0 0 0 0 7.0 4 0 0 0 1 6 0.00 .71

Reminder a few ground rules for the gamethreads that are in effect.

1. Please no Gifs or images during the game threads. The threads go by quick and with a lot of people tend to slow down for people. We understand it isn't as bad for people already in the thread but anyone new coming in has a nightmare of a time loading multiple images. --- As a side note as the game end we will lift the ban and you can go as crazy as you like.

2. Don't argue with any of the moderators. Think of it like arguing balls and strikes, you can get tossed. If you have a problem with the rules feel free to e-mail either Tom or myself (our e-mail is at the bottom of the page). Rules link

3. No linking to any illegal streams

Current Series

Blue Jays lead the series 2-1

Thu 05/10 WP: Henderson Alvarez (3 - 2)
LP: Jason Marquis (2 - 2)
6 - 2 win
Fri 05/11 WP: Nick Blackburn (1 - 4)
SV: Matt Capps
LP: Kyle Drabek (2 - 4)
6 - 7 loss
Sat 05/12 WP: Drew Hutchison (2 - 1)
SV: Casey Janssen
LP: P.J. Walters (0 - 1)
2 - 1 win

Toronto Blue Jays
@ Minnesota Twins

Sunday, May 13, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
Target Field

Ricky Romero vs Scott Diamond

Mostly sunny. Winds blowing from right to left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 70.

Complete Coverage >