Kevin Pillar hits like a star; Gose goes off - Blue Jays Farm Report - May 13th

May 13th, 2012

Missed a couple days there but I picked a great day to start these up again. There were big performances throughout the system including a perfect day at the plate for Kevin Pillar and a monster night for the suddenly hot-hitting Anthony Gose. Noah Syndergaard got up to 4 innings for the first time this year and racked up 7 Ks in getting the W for Lansing despite giving up 2 runs on 5 hits.

Lansing 16 - Dayton 4

Anthony DeSclafani got roughed up in his start for Lansing giving up 2 runs (1 earned) on 8 hits and a walk in 4 innings. Noah Syndergaard ran into trouble too but showed he can still strike guys out even when he's quite hittable.

Anthony DeSclafani - 8 H, 2 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 3-3 GO-AO

27.0 IP, 2.67 ERA, 3.20 FIP, 2-1 W-L, 33 H, 10 R (8 ER), 6 BB, 22 K, 1.44 WHIP, 2 HR

Noah Syndergaard - 8 H, 2 R (2 ER), 1 BB, 7 K, 4-1 GO-AO

24.2 IP, 2.19 ERA, 2.62 FIP, 3-0 W-L, 23 H, 10 R (6 ER), 10 BB, 35 K, 1.34 WHIP, 2 HR

Kevin Pillar - 6-6 - 3 R, 1 2B, 1 HR, 6 RBI

.331/.379/.469 - .848 OPS

Chris Hawkins - 3-6 - 1 3B, 2 RBI, 1 K

.328/.349/.424 - .773 OPS

Carlos Perez - 2-6 - 2 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 1 K

.267/.336/.438 - .774 OPS

Jonathan Berti - 3-6 - 2 R, 1 3B, 1 RBI, 2 K

.288/.388/.398 - .787 OPS

Clearwater 7 - Dunedin 5

John Stilson had a rough outing for Dunedin giving up 4 runs (3 earned) in his 4.2 IP with 5 Ks and a walk.Jake Marisnick (2 for 5 with a 2B, 1 K) was the star for the offence yesterday but unfortunately that doesn't say much.

John Stilson - 4.2 IP, 10 H, 4 R (3 ER), 1 BB, 5 K

29.1 IP, 2.45 ERA, 3.23 FIP, 13 R (8 ER), 1 HR, 12 BB, 25 K, 1.53 WHIP

Jake Marisnick - 2-5 - 1 2B, 2 RBI, 1 K

.267/.343/.473 - .817 OPS

Kevin Nolan - 1-3 - 1 BB, 1 K

.319/.382/.454 - .836 OPS

Marcus Knecht - 0-3 - 1 BB, 1 K

.188/.259/.375 - .634 OPS

New Hampshire 9 - Binghampton 0

Yohan Pino got the start and the W for the Fisher Cats in their game against Binghampton. He threw 6 scoreless innings combining with three relievers to shut out the Mets' AA affiliate. He's had a good season for New Hampshire but is too old to be a legitimate prospect at AA. The offence was paced by Mark Sobolewski and his 3 run HR.

Yohan Pino - 6.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 7 K

33.1 IP, 2.16 ERA, 3.29 FIP, 25 H, 12 R (8 ER), 6 BB, 30 K, 3 HR

John Tolisano - 2-4 - 1 2B, 1 RBI

.290/.416/.398 - .814 OPS

AJ Jimenez - 1-3 - 2 R, 1 RBI

.260/.297/.375 - .672 OPS

Mike McDade - 1-4

.339/.415/.468 - .883 OPS

Las Vegas 8 - New Orleans 0

Last but not least, Las Vegas shutout the New Orleans Zephyrs racking up 8 runs on 11 hits. Jesse Chavez had a great outing for the 51s going 8 innings of 3 hit ball with no walks and 5 Ks. Adeiny Hechavarria, Anthony Gose, Travis d'Arnaud and Yan Gomes went deep in a display of Las Vegas' power potential. #TeamSnider enthusiasts will have to wait another day for his first hit after returning from his wrist injury. Hopefully he can get back to mashing soon and the injury doesn't derail what was a very promising start to his year.

Jesse Chavez - 8.0 IP, 0 R, 3 H, 5 K

48.0 IP, 2.63 ERA, 3.01 FIP, 14 R (14 ER), 11 BB, 47 K, 4 HR, 0.83 WHIP

Adeiny Hechavarria - 1-5 - 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 3 K

.303/.359/.445 - .804 OPS

Anthony Gose - 4-5 - 3 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 SB (14)

.252/.331/.374 - .704 OPS

Travis Snider - 0-4 - 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K

.353/.434/.612 - 1.046 OPS

Travis d'Arnaud - 1-5 - 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 K

.274/.345/.419 - .765 OPS

Yan Gomes - 1-4 - 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 K

.367/.397/.558 - .955 OPS

Anthony Gose is starting to heat up in Vegas which is a great sign for Blue Jays fans and over his last 10 games is hitting .302/.318/.558 (.876 OPS). In that time, he's had 3 HRs and a triple. His early failures on the basepaths seem like a distant memory as he's now racked up 14 steals to go with just 3 CS. If he can continue this recent hot streak, it'll be nice to watch him blaze around the diamond in September for the big club.