Schaeffer, Hawkins provide the offence in system's loan win - Blue Jays Farm Report - May 14

May 13th, 2012

Lansing 6 - Dayton 3

The Lugnuts' offence was provided by Chris Hawkins and Chris Schaeffer (fresh from extended spring training in Florida) who each had three hits. David Rollins got the start and gave up a single earned run over 5 innings.

David Rollins - 5.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 1 K, 8:4 GO:AO

36.1 IP, 2.23 ERA, 2.25 FIP, 31 H, 12 R (9 ER), 35:12 K:BB, 1.18 WHIP, 3-0 W-L

Chris Hawkins - 3-5 - 3 RBI, 1 K, 1 SB

.338/.358/.431 - .789 OPS

Kevin Pillar - 0-5 - 1 K

.319/.366/.452 - .817 OPS

Chris Schaeffer - 3-4 - 1 R, 2 2B, 1 RBI

.500/.500/.833 - .1.333 OPS (2 games)

Binghampton Mets 7 - New Hampshire 6

Mark Sobolewski - 2-3 - 1 HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 1 K

.257/.294/.513 - .807 OPS

Brian Van Kirk - 3-4 - 2 2B, 3 RBI

.245/.314/.340 - .655 OPS

Mike McDade - 1-3 - 1 RBI

.339/.415/.465 - .880 OPS

New Orleans 7 - Las Vegas 3

Adeiny Hechavarria continues to swing a hot bat for the 51s of Las Vegas as he went 3 for 3 with a walk on Sunday. Travis Snider remains hitless since his return from the DL but he drove in another run with a sac fly. Unfortunately, the 51s could not overcome a poor start from Aaron Laffey. Chad Beck has had rather sparkling results for the 51s this year while coming out of the bullpen as he's currently sporting a 1.15 ERA and .132 BAA. However, this is likely due to a certain amount of luck since his 4.22 FIP and .146 BABIP tends to tell a different story.

Chad Beck - 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K

14.2 IP, 1.15 ERA, 3.92 FIP, 5 Saves, 7 H, 2 R (2 ER), 1 HR, 10:6 K:BB, 1.25 GO/AO, .132 BAA

Adeiny Hechavarria - 3-3 -1 R, 1 2B, 1 BB, 1 SB

.316/.374/.462 - .836 OPS

Anthony Gose - 1-4 - 1 RBI, 2 K

.252/.329/.371 - .700 OPS

Travis Snider - 0-3 - 1 RBI, 1 SF, 1 K

.341/.417/.591 - 1.008 OPS

Travis d'Arnaud - 0-4 - 1 K

.266/.336/.406 - .742 OPS

Yan Gomes - 1-2 - 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K

.369/.403/.582 - .985 OPS