2 Home Runs Each for Rajia Davis and J.P. Arencibia: Jays Thump Mets

TORONTO, CANADA - MAY 18: Yan Gomes #68 of the Toronto Blue Jays is congratulated by the bat boy and Yunel Escobar #5 after hitting his first career home run in the second inning during game action against the New York Mets on May 18, 2012 at Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images)

Mets 5 Blue Jays 14

That was fun. We need a blow out every now and then.

J.P. Arencibia had 2 home runs and a 2 run single for 6 RBI. Rajai Davis hit 2 homers for 4 RBI. Rajai Davis hit 2 home runs. Words I thought I'd never type. Yan Gomes hit the first one of his career and drove in 2.

We took 7 walks. Kelly Johnson and Edwin Encarnacion had 2.

Every one in the starting lineup contributed offensively.

Ricky Romero wasn't good, but he fought through 6 innings. He walked the leadoff hitter in 3 of his 6 innings, particularly lousy since we got out to an early lead, scoring 3 in the first inning. Ricky toughed it out and only allowed 1 run in his 6 innings, with 3 hits, 4 walks, 6 k.

Carlos Villanueva pitched a scoreless inning. Evan Crawford walked one and hit one before coming out of the game with an injury after getting just one out. Luis Perez came in and walked a batter, gave up a run scoring ground out and a 3 run homer, costing Crawford 2 earned runs. Francisco Cordero pitched a scoreless 9th (why couldn't he do that with a save on the line?) with just a walk counting against him.

Jays of the Day? JP is the only one to reach the magic number, with a .272 WPA, but I'm going to give one to Rajai too. I figure if you hit 2 out, you should get a JoD. Especially if you are Rajai. And I'm giving one to Yan Gomes, since he got his first MLB homer. No Suckage Jays. Edwin had the low mark (-.058), mostly off the strikeout with 2 on in the first. Fortunately JP followed that with a home run.

Tomorrow, former Jay Miguel Batista makes his 4th start of the year, after making the team as the long man in the pen. At 41, he is 1-1, with a 4.26 ERA. Brandon Morrow (4-2, 2.22) goes for the Jays. It is a 1:00 Eastern start. Let's build on the 3 game win streak.

40 games in, we are 22-18. Not bad at all and we seem to, finally, be playing the way we should.