Saturday Bantering

"Can you believe I hit two home runs?"(Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images)

A few minor bits of news this morning.

  • David Wright is out of the lineup today, the Mets say it is the flu. I figure it is whiplash from all those ball flying past him.
  • Evan Crawford came out of the game with back spasms, and is day-to-day. Apparently he has had them before. He seems young to be having back troubles.
  • Kevin Gray is reporting that A.J. Jimenez is heading for Tommy John surgery. "Fasano said the elbow ligament is "hanging by a thread.""
  • Jeff Sullivan, at SB Nation, talks about Henderson Alvarez and his low strikeout rate. He is an interesting case. I'm thinking he will bring up the rate to something closer to reasonable, in time.

Remember your Pick 6 choices in, the deadline is 1:00 Eastern.

Yesterday's winner was Jeremiah Stanghini with 78.1 points. Picking Verlander was the right move. I was 8th, mostly on the strength of JP's great day. The Weekly Leader, with 2 days left is Bowling_Guy25. It is a close race in the battle for the Pick 6 shirt. I got one in the mail yesterday, I'll put up a picture on the weekend. As well as the shirt, Cory Wiliams, SB Nation Community Manager, was nice enough to send me a copy of he Washington Post Express that had a quote from me. Thank you very much Cory.