BBBWA Award: Player Of The Month for April

Who do you think deserves the BBBWA Award for Player of the Month?

In a new feature for 2012, every month you will be able to vote for the Bluebird Banter Writers' Association Awards in three categories: Player of the Month, Pitcher of the Month, and Play of the Month.

Today, we will be opening the ballot for the Player of the Month and we are asking you to vote for who you thought was the best Toronto Blue Jays player for April 2012, using whatever definition of "best" you like. The players nominated for the award all received at least 2 nominations from Bluebird Banter staff, and are listed in alphabetical order. When voting, please remember that this is an award for April, so please disregard May performances.

Discuss who you voted for in the comments! Is there anyone not listed that we should have nominated?

This poll will be open until Friday, May 4 10:30 am. Voting for the Play of the Month will commence tomorrow morning at 10:30 am.

Nominees

Edwin Encarnacion

PA

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

SB

CS

BB

SO

BA

OBP

SLG

OPS

GDP

HBP

SH

SF

IBB

BAbip

23

101

90

15

29

8

0

8

21

4

1

7

17

.322

.376

.678

1.054

1

2

0

2

2

.313

Kelly Johnson

PA

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

SB

CS

BB

SO

BA

OBP

SLG

OPS

GDP

HBP

SH

SF

IBB

BAbip

21

97

81

15

19

1

0

4

8

0

0

15

26

.235

.361

.395

.756

2

1

0

0

1

.294

Brett Lawrie

PA

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

SB

CS

BB

SO

BA

OBP

SLG

OPS

GDP

HBP

SH

SF

IBB

BAbip

23

98

90

11

25

1

1

2

13

2

2

5

16

.278

.327

.378

.704

4

2

0

1

0

.315

Colby Rasmus

PA

AB

2B

3B

HR

RBI

SB

CS

BB

SO

BA

OBP

SLG

OPS

GDP

HBP

SH

SF

IBB

BAbip

23

89

82

9

19

3

2

3

11

1

0

6

21

.232

.281

.427

.708

1

0

0

1

2

.271

All statistics from Baseball-Reference.com.