I AM BECOME DEATH. Jays vs Rangers May 2nd 2012 GAMETHREAD

Ap-image-61321b96-a56b-4b9f-a4f3-d653e4d3c039_medium

Last night in the 7th inning with 2 outs Jose Bautista was dusted off and knocked down by one of Major League Baseball's most handsome pitchers Alexi Ogando. While the walk-off win was great and all, today Jose Bautista demands vengeance.

After last nights game Edwin Encarnacion had this to say about Jose and his approach for today's game:

"If the splendor of a thousand suns were to blaze forth all at once in the sky, even that would not resemble the splendor of that exalted being and he will become Death, the shatterer of worlds".

Line ups after the jump...

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS TEXAS RANGERS
1. Kelly Johnson (L) 2B 1. Ian Kinsler (R) 2B
2. Yunel Escobar (R) SS 2. Elvis Andrus (R) DH
3. Jose Bautista (R) RF 3. Michael Young (R) 3B
4. Edwin Encarnacion (R) 1B 4. Mike Napoli (R) 1B
5. Ben Francisco (R) DH 5. Nelson Cruz (R) RF
6. Brett Lawrie (R) 3B 6. Yorvit Torrealba (R) C
7. Eric Thames (L) LF 7. Alberto Gonzalez (R) SS
8. J.P. Arencibia (R) C 8. Brandon Snyder (R) LF
9. Rajai Davis (R) CF 9. Craig Gentry (R) CF

Ricky Romero

#24 / Pitcher / Toronto Blue Jays

6-0

215

Nov 06, 1984

Matt Harrison

#54 / Pitcher / Texas Rangers

6-4

240

Sep 16, 1985

Just as a reminder for new folks (full commenting guidelines here):

1. Please no gifs or images during the game threads. The threads go by quick and with a lot of people tend to slow down for people. If you want to put up a gif or picture you are more then welcome to do so on the BBB facebook page.

We understand it isn't as bad for people already in the thread but anyone new coming in has a nightmare of a time loading multiple images. --- As a side note as the game end we will lift the ban and you can go as crazy as you like, win or lose.

2. Don't argue with any of the moderators. Think of it like arguing balls and strikes, you can get tossed. Questioning or the slightest inference of disrespect toward Hugo results in an automatic ban. If you have a problem with the rules feel free to e-mail me and we'll pick a place to meet. (e-mails at the bottom of the page)

3. No asking for, or linking to any illegal live streams of the game.

GO JAYS GO!