Kelly Johnson and Edwin Encarnacion Homer: Blue Jays Beat Rangers

TORONTO, CANADA - MAY 2: Elvis Andrus #1 of the Texas Rangers slides safe into second past Brett Lawrie #13 of the Toronto Blue Jays during MLB action at the Rogers Centre May 2, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

Rangers 5 Blue Jays 11

The Jays are much more fun to watch when the offense is working. We had 11 hits. Yunel Escobar had 3, including a 3 run triple and a double. Ben Francisco and J.P. Arencibia had 2 hits each, one of J.P.'s was a 2 run double. Kelly Johnson had a 2 run homer and Edwin Encarnacion had a 3 run shot, number 9 for Edwin. The only Jays, in the starting lineup, that didn't hit were Brett Lawrie (but since he had the walk off shot yesterday, so he's excused) and Jose Bautista (who walked and had a sac fly).

Ricky Romero had a good start, except for one bad inning (wasn't this the story yesterday?), a 4 run 5th, where his control left him for a bit. He walked the first 3 batters, then gave up a Elvis Andrus double (that Colby Rasmus should have been able to catch), a pop up single (that fell between Edwin and Kelly) and a Mike Napoli sac fly. Other than that inning, Ricky was great. 8 innings, 6 hits, 3 walks (all in the 5th) and 6 strikeouts. Joel Carreno pitched a quick 9th, getting 2 strikeouts.

Jays of the Day are Johnson (.196 WPA), JP (.133) and Yunel (.101). Ricky and Edwin get honorary mention. No Suckage awards, Lawrie had the low number, -.079.

Rajai Davis came out of the game with a 'strained left hip flexor' and will be day-to-day. Seems to me that he had a day-to-day injury last year that ended up lasting a good part of the season.

It is the first time the Rangers have lost consecutive games this year, great going Jays. Tomorrow the Jays start a 4 game series against the Angels in LA. Hopefully Albert Pujols won't suddenly remember how to hit. He's been even worse than Vernon Wells, so far this year. Two guys that are owed roughly $300 million and they are hitting 218 between them.