d'Arnaud hits 3 homers in 2 days; Nolin pitches a gem - Blue Jays Minor League Recap - May 18-19

May 19th, 2012

Las Vegas 5 - Memphis 3

Aaron Laffey pitched a PCL gem and Travis d'Arnaud and Chris Woodward homered as the 51s scored two runs in the 8th to win it.

Aaron Laffey - 9.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R (2 ER), 0 BB, 5 K

44.2 IP, 5.04 ERA, 4.05 FIP, 53 H, 27 R (25 ER), 4 HR, 29:18 K:BB, 1.59 WHIP

Anthony Gose - 2-4 - doubled off on the basepaths, thrown out, but also had an outfield assist

.251/.328/.380 - .708 OPS

Adeiny Hechavarria - 1-3

.311/.364/.458 - .822 OPS

David Cooper - 2-4 - 1 R

.300/.365/.493 - .859 OPS

Travis d'Arnaud - 1-4 - 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 K

.292/.356/.507 - .863 OPS

May 18th, 2012 - May 19th, 2012

Trenton 3 - New Hampshire 1

So not noteworthy that I will tell you only John Tolisano had a good day at the plate with a single, home run, and a walk.

Bradenton 3 - Dunedin 1

Trystan Magnuson spoiled a great start from Sean Nolin who went 6 shutout innings collecting 8 strikeouts and no walks. Gabe Jacobo was the lone bright spot at the plate going 2 for 4 with two doubles but still collected to strikeouts.

Sean Nolin - 6.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 8 K

50.2 IP, 2.31 ERA, 3.71 FIP, 44 H, 16 R (13 ER), 4 HR, 53:10 K:BB, 1.07 WHIP

Gabe Jacobo - 2-4 - 2 2B, 2 K

.254/.353/.373 - .726 OPS

Lansing 2 - Lake County 1

Andrew Burns had an RBI double, Kevin Pillar hit a sac fly and the pitchers scattered 10 hits and 4 walks in giving up only 1 run in a Lugnuts victory. The Lugnuts managed only 2 hits all game but they were all that were needed.

Kevin Pillar - 0-2 - 1 RBI, 1 BB, 2 more HHBs (Hard-hit balls)

.325/.386/.455 - .841 OPS

Andrew Burns - 1-4 - 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 K

.266/.342/.523 - .866 OPS

May 18th, 2012

Memphis 9 - Las Vegas 6

Travis d'Arnaud had two home runs for the 51s and got on-base every time he stepped into the box. Anthony Gose also had a good day at the plate with a triple, a double and two runs scored. Cuban SS Adeiny Hechavarria and soon-to-be awkwardly sharing his position with a certain former Jays' cleanup hitter, David Cooper, contributed with a home run and two RBI each.

Travis d'Arnaud - 3-3 - 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI, 1 BB

.295/.362/.493 - .855 OPS

Anthony Gose - 2-5 - 2 R, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 K

.246/.324/.377 - .702 OPS

Adeiny Hechavarria - 2-3 - 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 CS (1), Picked off at 1st

.310/.365/.460 - .824 OPS

David Cooper - 1-3 - 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI

.293/.359/.493 - .855 OPS

Trenton 7 - New Hampshire 1

Yohan Pino got roughed up in his outing, going 5 innings and giving up 6 earned runs on 7 hits, 4 walks, and 2 home runs. The Fisher Cats only managed 5 hits; McDade had a double and Van Kirk hit a solo home run.

Yohan Pino - 5.0 IP, 7 H, 7 R (6 ER), 4 BB, 2 K, 2 HR

38.1 IP, 3.29 ERA, 4.06 FIP, 32 H, 19 R (14 ER), 5 HR, 32:10 K:BB, 1.10 WHIP

Mike McDade - 1-4 - 1 2B

.326/.398/.468 - .866 OPS

Brian Van Kirk - 1-4 - 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 K

.264/.336/.387 - .723 OPS

Justin Jackson - 2-3

.255/.349/.345 - .695 OPS

Dunedin 7 - Bradenton 5

Dunedin overcame another poor outing from John Stilson with big performances from guys not named Marisnick and Knecht.

John Stilson - 5.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R (3 ER), 2 BB, 3 K

34.1 IP, 2.88 ERA, 3.17 FIP, 37 H, 16 R (11 ER), 28:14 K:BB, 1.49 WHIP

Jake Marisnick - 0-5 - 1 K

.250/.326/.435 - .761 OPS

Ryan Schimpf - 2-4 - 2 R, 1 BB, 1 SB (2)

.265/.322/.500 - .822 OPS

Jon Talley - 3-5 - 2 R, 2 2B, 1 HR, 3 RBI

.355/.450/.495 - .946 OPS

Jack Murphy - 2-3 - 2 2B, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K

.268/.346/.493 - .839 OPS

Lansing 9 - Fort Wayne 3

It was singles night in Lansing as the Lugnuts scored 9 runs on 9 singles and 5 walks. Markus Brisker had a double, but it was meaningless. Chris Hawkins went 0 for 5 and has been really struggling since his hot start. He's now 6th on the team amongst regulars in OPS.

Kevin Pillar - 2-5 - 1 R, 1 K

.329/.389/.461 - .850 OPS

Andrew Burns - 1-3 - 3 R, 1 BB

.266/.345/.524 - .869 OPS

Chris Schaeffer - 1-2 - 1 R, 2 RBI, 1 BB

.500/.600/.750 - 1.350 OPS

Chris Hawkins - 0-5 - 1 R, 2 K

.301/.333/.384 - .717 OPS