Unfortunately Close Doesn't Count: Jay lose to Mets

I don't know what this is, but couldn't pass up this photo of Jose. (Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images)

Mets 6 Blue Jays 5

Quick recap because I gotta run out and get some steaks for the barbecue.

We had a chance, Yunel Escobar and Jose Bautista got on base but FrankieMcFrankFrank struck out Edwin Encarnacion, J.P. Arencibia and Eric Thames.

Henderson Alvarez didn't have a good game. 5 innings, 9 hits, 2 walks, 3 k with 6 earned. Just a bad start.

Our bullpen gave us 4 shutout innings, Carlos Villanueva was lucky to get out of his without a run scoring, 3 hits and a walk, but he tagged a runner out at home after a wild pitch/passed ball that JP got to quickly and made a nice throw to Carlos. Luis Perez pitched 2 good innings.

Offense? We didn't get the hits when we needed them In the first Kelly Johnson and Yunel got on, but Jose, Edwin and JP couldn't drive them home.

We had 9 hits and 5 walks, we should have scored more. Jose had 3 hits, including a home run. JP had 2 hit, with a double. The only 0 fors were to Escobar (who had 2 walks) and Francisco/Davis spot, going 0 for 3 with a walk to Ben. Francisco left the game with some sort of injury. Rajai didn't look good at the plate.

Jays of the Day are Jose (.195 WPA), Yunel (.138) and Colby (.114). Suckage? Almost everyone else: Henderson (-.312), Edwin (-.292), JP (-.125), Eric (-.121), Kelly (-.120) and Rajai (-.114).

On defense had a couple of missed chances. Colby ran a mile to make a nice diving grab of a fly but it came out of his glove. Kelly missed turning a couple of double plays that would have really helps.

2 of 3 is good, but we would have liked 3 of 3.