FanShot

Study of 1st Round Draft Picks and Success

4

Interesting study from Puckett's Pound regarding success rates of College draftees vs High School draftees. Nothing ground breaking, but shows why college pitchers tend to be crap shoots. They get to the MLB sooner but not as successful as High School pitchers. The best success (20+ WAR) comes from College hitters, but high school pitchers come a close second.