FanPost

Petition to change Suckage Award Titles

Dear Hugo, Tom and Johnny,

I've noticed you don't really use the official titles of the Suckage Awards during the recaps. It's probably just as well you don't, as the names (Hinske, Batista and Towers) have less and less meaning each year, especially to newer Jays fans. Therefore, I'd like to suggest a few alternatives to bring them up to date.

Batting: The most obvious might be the most recent, the Lind. Although it may be too soon to close the book on him, there does seem to be a consensus that he's played his last game with us. The Hill might be acceptable as well, but a little generic-sounding. We could call it The Wells, but that might trigger Halo Heaven fans to flood the place.

Starter: The Reyes, given our exasperation with him last year and our utter relief when he became someone else's problem would be the logical favourite. I'd love to hear other suggestions.

Reliever: The Gregg again seems like a good choice with the running jokes every time Baltimore trots him out against us. The Rauch or Francisco might work too, although the latter did just shut us down.

I'm sure the BBB hordes have a number of suggestions I haven't thought of. At this point I'll open the floor and ask the community if I'm off-base here or is this something to consider.