FanShot

Jesse Litsch: Infection Complications 'Career Threatening'

9

Sportsnet's Barry Davis tweeted a quote from injured Blue Jays pitcher Jesse Litsch, saying that his infection has become "Career threatening." You may remember that Litsch was given a platelet-rich plasma injection during the spring to help with his shoulder inflammation. Unfortunately some part of that procedure caused a serious infection that required Litsch to wear an IV for 6 weeks after his emergency surgery, and he is still unable to throw.