Don't worry that's not a roasted blue jay, it's a roasted quail. Photo by jdeeringdavis, licenced through Creative Commons.
Several things of note and for discussion before game time today:
- Drew Permison, the Blue Jays' 42nd-round pick in the 2010 draft, is now on Twitter!
- Blue Jays' lineup tonight: Johnson 2B, Escobar SS, Bautista RF, Encarnacion DH, Arencibia C, Lawrie 3B, Rasmus CF, Gomes 1B, Davis LF, Hutchison P. Note: Yan Gomes is going to be playing his first game at first. Barry Davis was just informed by EE that he may be a scratch tonight because of back pain.
- Rays' lineup tonight: Pena 1B, Upton CF, Joyce LF, Zobrist CF, Scott DH, Rodriguez 3B, Sutton 2B, Gimenez C, Johnson SS, Moore P. Note: Carlos Pena will be batting leadoff for the first time in his career.
- ESPN projects that the Blue Jays are the most likely AL East team to make the playoffs at 60% probability. Rays next at 48%, O's at 43%, Red Sox at 37%, Yankees at 25%. Leading the league are the Rangers, at 94.6%. Hold on to your hats folks, this is still very very early.
- Poor Travis Snider. He has hit the 7-day DL again with his continued wrist problems, it is retroactive to May 18.
- Along the injury front, Sergio Santos is out until mid-June.
- The Blue Jay Hunter answers an old philosophical question...
- ESPN's Home Run Tracker estimates that B.J. Upton's homer would have indeed been a homer at most ballparks, projecting a true distance of 417 feet.
- Pat Hentgen has returned as the Jays' bullpen coach this week, as Pete Walker has to be away to tend to his daughter's medical condition. Thoughts go out to the Walker family.
- Vladimir Guerrero speaks to the media and Sportsnet has the video.
- The Chicago White Sox have signed former Toronto fan favourite Orlando Hudson after his release from the San Diego Padres.
- TFSML is back in town!