David Cooper and Ryota Igarashi Promoted to Blue Jays

David Cooper's back. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

The Jays have made a couple of moves:

Ben Francisco has been put on the 15- day DL with a hamstring strain and Evan Crawford has been sent back to the minors. I wonder if the back troubles were worrying the Jays?

In their places, David Cooper and RHP Ryota Igarashi has been called up. Igarashi had to be added to the 40-man roster. To make room Dustin McGowan has been moved to the 60-day DL.

Cooper was hitting .298/.378/.497 with 12 homers and 23 doubles at Vegas. Igarashi had a 1.29 ERA (pretty amazing for the PCL) in 19 games with the 51's. Ryota is from Japan, we picked him up from the Pirates for cash at the end of March.

McGowan has already been on the DL for almost 60 days so moving him to the 60-day DL doesn't change much for him. I'm not expecting him to be back in a hurry. Maybe sometime in July.

I'm glad to see that Alex is taking my suggestions, I suggested that Cooper be called up just a couple of days ago.