The Less Said About That the Better

May 25, 2012; Arlington, TX, USA; Toronto Blue Jays starting pitcher Brandon Morrow (23) watches from the dugout after getting pulled during the first inning against the Texas Rangers at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Mandatory Credit: Jim Cowsert-US PRESSWIRE

Blue Jays 3 Rangers 14

Brandon Morrow didn't have anything. If he threw it close to the plate it was hit hard, but then he rarely threw anywhere near the plate. I'm going to write it off as one of those days. Brandon gets the Suckage Award. I don't figure anything was wrong with Brandon, I just think it was a bad night. He had trouble with the leadoff hitter, Ian Kinsler, going 13 pitches before giving up a walk. As it turned out, that was the high point of his night.

Other than that:

  • Ryota Igarashi didn't impress. 4 hits, 1 walk, 2 k, 2 earned in 1 inning.
  • Carlos Villanueva was ok, 4.1, 5 hits, 1 walk, 7 k, 2 earned, both solo homers. Frasor was terrible, 1 inning, 3 hits, 4 earned, 1 walk, 1 k.
  • Jeff Mathis had a good inning, 1 hit, 1 walk, no runs. Our most effective pitcher.
  • We had 7 hits. Edwin Encarnacion had 2, one a homer. Jose Bautista drove in our other 2 runs. Colby Rasmus hit the ball hard 3 times but only had 1 hit.
  • Nelson Cruz made an amazing/lucky catch on a line drive over his head by Brett Lawrie. It was as lucky a catch as you will ever see, he just threw up his glove at the ball and was luck the ball hit it. It was that sort of night.

We have less than 24 hours to forget about that and get on with the next game. At 3:00 Eastern Henderson Alvarez (3-4, 3.30) tries to hold the Rangers to single digits. Colby Lewis (4-3, 3.30) gets the start for Texas.