Blue Jay Roster Moves: Chad Beck and Jesse Chavez Called Up

Another day, another roster move or two.

Today Chad Beck was recalled and Jesse Chavez was added to the 40-man and brought to Toronto.

Going the other way is Yan Gomes (oh that's going to cause complaining among the small sample size believers) and Ryota Igarashi was DFAed (one day too late).

Chad has a 1.31 ERA in 19 relief appearances in Las Vegas. 12 hits, 8 walks, 13 k in 20.2 innings. We saw Chad last year, he gave up 1 hit in 2.1 innings.

Jesse Chavez has a 3.72 ERA in 10 starts at Vegas. 49 hits, 11 walks, 70 K in 58 innings. We knew we'd see him sooner or later this year. I'm curious to see if they give him a start at some point, but, right now, it is important that he can give us a few innings from the bullpen.

Gomes was hitting .222/.296/.500 in 22 at bats for the Jays. It seemed that the other teams had figured out how to pitch to him, the last few games. I'd like to see Cooper get a reasonable number of at bats. Igarashi.....well, we never have to see him in a Jays' jersey again, please.