Jays Recall Aaron Laffey

Pitcher Aaron Laffey (Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images)

I figured there was a move or two that was going to happen today. But this wasn't what I thought would happen. The Jays are sending Chad Beck back down, after his one day stay with the Jays, and have recalled Aaron Laffey.

Laffey has been a starter in Las Vegas, he is 2-5 with a 4.88 ERA in 9 starts. I'm not sure why they want him over Beck, I guess because he could be a long man and Chavez pitched a bunch of innings yesterday. He can't go down with out being exposed to waivers. Maybe being left handed helps, since Evan Crawford can't be called up yet, Laffey was the next best lefty choice.

It doesn't sound like Yunel Escobar or Kelly Johnson will have to be put on the DL, or they would be making a different move.

This is our Jays, everyday a new face in the bullpen.

SB Nation Featured Video