Until Brandon Morrow Got Hurt, That Was Fun. Jays Sweep Orioles

Don't throw at Rajai, you just get him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry. Unless you are a Jays fan. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

Orioles 1 Blue Jays 4

The best news is that they are saying it is only a contusion on Brandon Morrow's shin. It really looked bad when John Farrell and a trainer were helping him off the field. With tomorrow and Monday off, if Brandon needs to miss a start, we should be ok. Just as long as it is only one start.

Before he took the ball off the shin, Brandon was doing great. 6.1 innings, 4 hits (including the one that took him out of the game), 2 walks, 8 strikeouts, 1 earned. He looked as good as any start this year.

Carlos Villanueva came in, after the injury, with 1 out and the runner on first and got 2 quick outs. Francisco Cordero pitched a clean 8th. Casey Janssen walked Adam Jones to lead off the 9th but got a double play ball and a strikeout to earn his 5th save. Both Cordero and Janssen were pitching in their 3rd straight game (and 4 of the last 5 days). I really don't understand why, when we have 8 guys in the pen, we can't trust someone else with a 3 run lead. Casey threw 28 pitches yesterday. But he pitched much better than yesterday.

On offense, it was all home runs. Edwin Encarnacion, Rajai Davis (!), Brett Lawrie and Colby Rasmus each hit solo homers. We had 9 hits, 2 each for Edwin and Omar Vizquel. 0 fors for Yunel Escobar and Jose Bautista (with 2 walks).

Jay of the Day is Morrow (.232 WPA). Give honorable mention to each of the home run hitters, and Omar for the 2 hits and some nice defense, in particular a nice catch on a line drive in the 8th, getting Cordero his 1, 2, 3 inning.

Sweeps are nice.

Tomorrow is an off-day, then a weekend series with the Red Sox. Not that I want to hope an injury on anyone, but I'd really be ok with Dustin Pedroia missing the series.