David Cooper Can Hit AAAA Pitching - Blue Jays Farm Report - May 6th

May 6th, 2012

Las Vegas 8 - Salt Lake 0

David Cooper hit two home runs and added a double for three RBIs for the 51s as they routed Salt Lake 8-0. His three home runs in two games came against AAAA pitchers (Mills, Bell and Rodriguez) but at this point, it's hard not to look at his batting line with interest considering the struggles of the incumbent in Toronto. Anthony Gose hit his first HR of the 2012 season and raised his average on the season to .232 by going 2 for 5 against the Salt Lake Bees. Aaron Laffey spun a PCL gem giving up just two hits and three walks with three strikeouts in seven innings of work.

Adeiny Hechavarria - 0-4 - 1 R, 1 BB, .288 BA

Anthony Gose - 2-5 - 2 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 K, .232 BA

David Cooper - 3-5 - 2 R, 1 2B, 2 HR, 3 RBI, .333 BA

Moises Sierra - 0-3 - 2 R, 1 BB, 1 K, .286 BA

Yan Gomes - 3-4 - 1 2B, 2 RBI, .388 BA

New Hampshire, Dunedin, and Lansing after the jump.

Trenton 4 - New Hampshire 3

The Fisher Cats wound up on the wrong end of a 4-3 decision despite wracking up 11 hits as Matt Daly lost control in the 11th allowing 3 walks before giving up a walkoff single to Kevin Mahoney. Yohan Pino went 6.1 innings and gave up 2 runs on 6 hits. He had 4 Ks to go with just 1 BB. Ryan Goins had a perfect day at the plate going 3 for 3 with a double and 3 walks.

Yohan Pino - 6.1 IP, 2 R (2 ER), 1 BB, 4 K, 2.63 ERA, 102 pitches (63 strikes), 6:8 GO:AO

Ryan Goins - 3-3 - 1 2B, 3 BB, 1 SB (5), 1 CS (2), .327 BA

Justin Jackson - 0-5 - 2 K - .247 BA

Mike McDade - 1-4 - 1 RBI, 2 BB, 1 K - .327 BA

Mark Sobolewski - 2-5 - 1 HR (6), 1 RBI, 1 BB, .275 BA

Game #1 - Dunedin 5 - St. Lucie Mets 3

Jake Marisnick - 1-4 - 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 K, .256

Kevin Nolan - 0-2 - 2 BB, 1 K, .324

Sean Ochinko - 2-2 - 2 BB, .278 BA

Oliver Dominguez - 2-3 - 2 2B, 3 RBI, .278 BA

Game #2 - St. Lucie 8 - Dunedin 0

Jake Marisnick - 1-4 - 1 Pick Off, .256 BA

Oliver Dominguez - 2-3 - 1 2B, 1 BB, 1 K, .298 BA

Kevin Nolan - 1-4 - 1 K, .322 BA

Sean Ochinko - 1-4 - .276 BA

Lansing 4 - West Michigan 3

Jonathan Berti - 1-3 - 1 BB, .277 BA

Chris Hawkins - 1-4 - .307 BA

Carlos Perez - 1-4 - 1 2B, 2 K, .247 BA - Threw out 1 of 2 baserunners stealing 2nd base

Andrew Burns - 1-2 - 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 BB, .277 BA