Marcus Knechts with Crouse on a Big Night - Blue Jays Farm Report - May 8

May 8th, 2012

Dunedin 16 - Fort Myers 4

Marcus Knecht did his best impression of Josh Hamilton by going 4 for 5 with 2 HRs and 5 RBI. Despite coming up a little short of Hamilton's magic, the game worked miracles for his slash line as he approached the Mendoza line after a wretched start to the season. Sean Nolin had another good outing on the mound giving up just one unearned run to go with 5 strikeouts and 1 walks. His 3.7 K/BB rate and 2.72 FIP look sharp but he is getting less than half of his outs on the ground.

Sean Nolin - 6.0 IP, 5 H, 1 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 5 K

38.2 IP, 2.33 ERA, 2.72 FIP, 37:10 K:BB, 0.88 GO/AO

Marcus Knecht - 4-5 - 2 HR, 5 RBI

.193/.254/.395 - .649 OPS

Michael Crouse - 2-4 - 1 2B, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 1 K

.185/.276/.315, .591 OPS

Jake Marisnick - 0-4 - 1 BB, 1 K

.246/.331/.431, .762 OPS

Ryan Schimpf - 3-6 - 1 2B, 1 HR, 2 RBI

.228/.288/.455, .744 OPS

West Michigan 7 - Lansing 6

David Rollins had a rough outing relinquishing 4 runs (3 earned) over his 4 1/3 innings pitched. He gave up 7 hits and 1 walk to go along with his 3 strikeouts. Kenny Wilson had a good day at the plate and on the basepaths as he went 3 for 5 with a triple, a stolen base and 3 runs scored.

David Rollins - 4.1 IP, 7 H, 4 R (3 ER), 1 BB, 3 K, 5:4 GO:AO

31.1 IP, 2.30 ERA, 34:11 K:BB, 2.07 FIP, 0.71 GO/AO

Kenny Wilson - 3-5 - 3 H, 1 3B, 1 RBI, 1 SB, 1 Outfield Assist

.211/.325/.347, .672 OPS

Kellen Sweeney - 2-4 - 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 SB

.211/.330/.256, .586 OPS

Kevin Pillar - 3-5 - 2 RBI, 1 SB

.277/.331/.393, .723 OPS

Andrew Burns - 1-5 - 1 2B

.283/.337/.543, .880 OPS

Las Vegas 4 - Okla. City 1

Adeiny Hechavarria - 2-4 - 1 R, 1 BB

.300/.361/.436 - .797 OPS

Anthony Gose - 2-5 - 1 3B (3), 2 RBI, 1 SB (12)

Travis d'Arnaud - 1-5 - 1 RBI, 3 K

.276/.346/.405 - .751 OPS

David Cooper - 1-3 - 1 BB

.328/.398/.546 - .945 OPS