Took the 60 Bus Out of Downtown Campbell: Jays 5, Oakland 2

The Jays struck back today with a 5-2 win over the Oakland Athletics.

On the Mound: Brandon Morrow was inefficient but effective, striking out 10 and walking 4 over 6 one-run innings. He hardly got anything on the ground and put too many on, but when you strike out 10 in 6 innings, that makes up for a lot of other issues.

At the Plate: Of all people, Adam Lind, batting from the 8th spot, got the scoring started off with a 2-run home run in the 4th. Lind was 2-4 on the day and was the only Jay with a multi-hit game. J.P. Arencibia and Edwin Encarnacion added solo home runs, and Colby Rasmus had an rbi single to cash Brett Lawrie, who had doubled, and that was pretty much the scoring. Kelly Johnson walked twice.

From the Pen: Luis Perez faltered when he entered the game in the 7th, giving up a walk and two hits, but Carlos Villanueva bailed him out and then pitched the 8th as well. Casey Janssen came in and finished the A's off with a clean ninth, striking out 1.

Jays of the Day: Lind, Morrow, Villanueva.

Todays Title from the Bay Area's Roots Radical by Rancid.