Lawrie and Rasmus homer as Jays bats come alive - Thump Braves 12-4

ATLANTA, GA - JUNE 10: Colby Rasmus #28 (L) of the Toronto Blue Jays is congratulated by Brett Lawrie after hitting a home run against the Atlanta Braves at Turner Field on June 10, 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images)

It sure is nice to have a laugher every once in awhile. While this one certainly didn't start out well as Ricky Romero yet again struggled out of the gate the Jays were able to take advantage of the Braves rookie starter and the bullpen on route to 12 runs and and 18! hits.

As mentioned Ricky wasn't good, I can't even make the joke that he was pitching to the score since he was pulled before the Jays started to hit the ball around. If he would have been able to hold on for one more inning he would have added to his team leading winning total, but unfortunately that just wasn't in the cards today. Romero was pulled when his spot in the lineup came up after throwing just 4 innings. His line, not pretty. 4IP 8Hs 4R (3ER) 2BB and 1K. At the very least he wasn't walking as many as he was, but still with 2 in 4 innings that really isn't say much. The rest of the pen on the other hand looked good. Carlos Villaneuva cam out and pitched 2 innings with 2Hs 1BB and 2Ks to get the win while Darren Oliver, Chad Beck and Casey Janssen each pitched a inning to finish out the rout.

The bats didn't look great through the first 4 innings of the game but in the 5th something clicked and they got on a roll. Brett Lawrie and Colby Rasmus each had 3RBI on the day with a HR apiece. Check out the boxscore for the rest of the line, needless to say it was a good day at the plate for a lot of the team.

It was nice to be able to salvage at least one win from the series. It does mean that the Jays look like they are still spinning their wheels a bit, lose in a sweep, then sweep, then win 2 of three and lose 2 of three. Hopefully the rest of interleague goes a bit better.

Jays of the Day include - Brett Lawrie (.215) Colby Rasmus (.244) Edwin Encarnacion (.184)

Suckage Ricky Romero -.255

Next up we get a bit of a treat. The NL East leading Nationals are coming to town. Stephen Strasburg is set to pitch on Wednesday and we get to see highly touted rookie Bryce Harper.