Reports of Vlad Guerrero's Retirement a Little Premature?

So, first we are told Vlad Guerrero is retiring, but then his agent says: "Nothing could be further from the truth." Now Enrique Rojas (in Spanish) reports that Vlady has given the Jays an "ultimatum", no more minors.

I'm guessing, and it is just a guess, that some other team has told Guerrero's agent that they would bring him to the majors now. That makes a lot more sense to me than him just quitting. The Jays are saying they will have an announcement later today.

I don't see him being a huge upgrade for the Jays at the moment. David Cooper is hitting pretty good, though his defense, at least last night, leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not sold that he is a major league bat, for a first baseman, he's looked good, but let's wait and see how things go when he isn't hot.

No word yet on Brandon Morrow. Please don't be out long.