Press Release: Toronto Blue Jays Release Vladimir Guerrero

BALTIMORE, MD - SEPTEMBER 26: Vladimir Guerrero #27 of the Baltimore Orioles waves to the crowd after getting his 2,587th career hit to become the all-time leader in hits by a Dominican-born player during the sixth inning against the Boston Red Sox at Oriole Park at Camden Yards on September 26, 2011 in Baltimore, Maryland. (Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TORONTO, ONTARIO

TUESDAY, JUNE 12, 2012

BLUE JAYS RELEASE GUERRERO

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have granted the request of outfielder VLADIMIR GUERRERO to be released from his minor league contract.

GUERRERO, 37, is now a free agent after hitting .303 in eight games with the Las Vegas 51s of the Pacific Coast League (AAA) with two doubles, a triple and four RBI. He started his Blue Jays career in Dunedin of the Florida State League (A) where he hit .450 in four games with one double, four home runs and eight RBI.