I'll Steal You Flowers From the White House Yard: Nationals 6 , Jays 2

Swept by the team that my mom still calls the Senators. Booooo.

On the Mound:

Kyle Drabek was bad and didn't make it out of the fifth inning due to injury, leaving the game after hearing a pop in his arm. He continued to have problems finding the strike zone, walking two and striking out just one, and also got hit hard, with a ground-rule double to deep center in the first plating two and a home run in the 4th plating another brace. It was another rough outing all around. I've been in favor of keeping him in the majors, but if he keeps pitching like he has been, I wonder whether they'll stick with him through the all-star break even. In his last five starts, he has walked 19 and struck out 9. Wow.

At the Plate:

Jose Bautista continued his hot hitting, crushing his 19th home run off the season against Nationals phenom Stephen Strasburg and also walking. That was most of the offense for the Jays, who had trouble making contact against Strasburg. He struck out 8 over his 6 innings, including Colby Rasmus 3 times.

From the Pen:

Aaron Laffey managed four two-hit innings, but unfortunately the hits were home runs by Ian Desmond and Tyler Moore. Casey Janssen pitched a good ninth.

Today's title from "DC Song" by DC band Aden